My Story so Far:
Alright kids, listen closely. I was on this Writers Stack Exchange website to get feedback from a source other than my friends and family. These writers (mostly college students) have given me some insight of how to fix up my sloppy "kid" style. It really helps when I'm so inexperienced.
I also used Grammarly to tell me how to improve my sentences and which words to switch out for a new one. It helped so much and I have edited a few chapters of my story because of it. Some of the edits include things like the misspelling of a common name or the misplacement of a word or the oddity of the structure of a sentence.
Then there's Slick Write, this one helped by telling me just the amount of sentences I actually have, and the type of sentence they are, simple, complex, compound, complex-compound and long and short sentences. I have so desperately needed this one due to all of my run-on sentences. I've learned not to keep talking, but to just keep it straight to the point and not to drag things out too far. It keeps the readers' attention.
Finally, Writing Commons. This is the place to go to when writing a professional paper or essay, but it gives a lot of advise on how to keep your readers interested in the thing you're talking about. That was way better than what the reviews said it was. I used this one often enough to know which post was about an essay or a novel piece.
All in all, these four websites helped tremendously with my writing process, as I feel I can begin the actual editing process. I'll keep the original draft in a doc somewhere and bring in the finished revisions for the presentation, to compare them side by side to each other. This was the most creative I've felt in a while so this also boosted my "creative juice".
Comments
Post a Comment